Gathering Information With North Region’s E&E Manufacturing Companies: Reducing Unnecessary Regulatory Burdens On Business (RURB) Electrical & Electronics (E&E) Sector
There are about 30 attendees and the session was facilitated by Mr. Goh Swee Seang & Pn. Zalina Mat Nasir. Among industry players attended were from Keysight Technologies, Aemulus Cooperation Sdn. Bhd., Jabil Circuit Sdn. Bhd., Analod Devices Sdn. Bhd, AEO Logistics Sdn. Bhd., Lumileds Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., SilTerra Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., Nationgate Solution Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., Plexus Manufacturing, & Osram Opto Semiconductors.
Among issues raised by the industry players within North Region regarding the import and export in E&E sector;
• Difficulty in importing materials that only produced by Israel, where the approval process takes time.
• No one stop centre (OSC) to know any related matters to customs or crossing border.
• Manufacturing scattered around two zones; License Manufacturing Warehouse (LWM) to Free Industrial Zone (FIZ) or vice versa. Industries faced problem in inter-site transfer matters.
• Accredited AEO status; additional duplicate job (M1/M2) & additional cost incurred as need to hire staff within AEO premise.
• 1 year tax exemption for exportation, but if exceed 1 year the goods are taxable. Industries need more than 1 year considering warranty duration given usually 2 years.